Home » » How to read music notes for the adult beginner

How to read music notes for the adult beginner

Posted by Euphory Girl on Thursday 9 January 2014


Click here for more images

You might be a first timer taking up a new interest in music... or maybe this is your second go at learning to play the piano. Like most music students, you dream that you'll soon be playing your own favorite songs on the piano. Perhaps you look forward to the fun of playing the piano for your family and friends. And maybe you'd even love to create your very own beautiful piano music. But then you will soon discover a problem nobody warned you about: that music notes are difficult to learn. Most music courses just expect you to remember the notes on the piano by repetition alone... with the result that you often end up just having to guess what the notes are! If only you could break through this learning block, you would be able to fulfil your lifelong dream of sitting down at the piano and playing beautiful music!

I have been a piano teacher for over 30 years. I have seen this problem so many times. I have surveyed all the piano teaching books, courses and ebooks on the market, and frankly, not one of them really helped my students learn to read music notes in a quick, systematic way that was also fun.

So I decided that if I couldn't find a book, course or ebook that did these things, I would write one myself. After 12 long months of writing and testing it out with my own piano students, here it is:

"When I was at school I started learning the violin. The teacher did not know that instead of learning to read music I was simply memorizing all the tunes. When I couldn't remember any...

Read More detail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

.comment-content a {display: none;}